ELSA - Emotional Learning Support Assistant
Emotional Literacy can help children to understand, identify and regulate emotions which is an essential part of well-being and maintaining good mental health.
ELSAs are trained and supervised by Educational Psychologists and they can support children with:
- loss and bereavement
- social skills
- friendship issues
- conflict and resolution
.HSSW - Home School Support Worker
Our HSSW works preventatively with families, children and the school to provide early intervention, signposting, support and guidance, particularly in times of change and stress.
Support for pupils includes:
- promoting good attendance and punctuality
- promoting self-esteem and confidence
- promoting positive behaviour and positive attitudes to learning
- providing one-to-one support
Support for families includes:
- providing information and signposting to services in the local area
- liaising with external services such as housing
- assistance in completing paperwork and forms e.g. housing, school places and benefits
- attendance and support at school and other agency meetings
- advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home
Miss S. Hill - HSSW
Mental Health Support Team
Rainham Village Primary School and Nursery welcomes the opportunity to host the Mental Health Support Team (MHST).
The team can support the emotional wellbeing and mental health of pupils. See below for more details.