"Quality Education Meeting Individual Needs"
Vision and Aims
The school offers a welcoming and caring environment to all children and the adults who work in, or visit it. As a community, we value the diversity of cultures, religions, beliefs, abilities and gifts amongst our community.
- Implement the National Curriculum in all subjects at the highest level appropriate to the individual child;
- Achieve continuity across the curriculum and especially across the key stages including pre-school stage;
- Promote a high level of literacy and numeracy;
- Enable children to listen attentively and reflectively and also to express their needs, ideas and understanding clearly in all areas of the curriculum, using the technical vocabulary of the subject;
- Give equal opportunities for all children to realise their full potential regardless of gender, race, religion or ability;
- Provide an environment that is happy, caring and welcoming, in which all children feel secure and valued;
- Develop positive relationships between children, and between children and all adults, ensuring consistency of approach and reinforcing positive behaviour through praise and reward;
- Develop self-discipline and independent work habits;
- Develop physical skills, spatial awareness and co-operative skills;
- Develop links with the local community leading to an awareness of the wider world;
- Develop a partnership with parents, taking every opportunity to involve them in the education of their child;
- Encourage and develop children's understanding and respect for religious and moral values, social responsibility and tolerance of other races, cultures, religions and ways of life.